The Integrated Virtual Learning Environment (IVLE) is a NUS' custom designed and built Learning Management System for the NUS community. It is designed to facilitate and supplement teaching at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
IVLE is designed to
- Ease the administrative work of the teaching staff
- Provide more opportunities and avenues for staff and students to collaborate and communicate
- Acts as a teaching portfolio for staff
- Facilitate student-to-student collaboration
- Promote explorative and independent learning
- Promote greater understanding of subjects taught through the use of self-assessments and polls
- Provide a one-stop acess to all the learning resources at NUS
To achieve its objectives, IVLE has a rich set of online tools and resources. From class rosters with photographs, online syllabus, assignment repositories, lesson plans, forums, chat rooms, assessments, surveys, project and peer management, web lectures, class and exam time tables, library e-reserves and virtual communities, NUS’ learning management system combines all the resources needed to manage and supplement course modules effectively.
The "I" in IVLE
Besides supporting and supplementing on-campus education, IVLE is also integrated to the NUS’ academic, administrative, library systems and third-party applications making it a one-stop site to support the teaching and learning needs of all NUS academics and students.
The NUS learning management system called IVLE was designed and developed by the National University of
Singapore (NUS) in 1998. The system was re-written and re-designed into a .net platform in May 2007. In Jan 2015, a re-designed user interface is launched.