|Week 5: Approval of plan review (by project supervisors) – 15% of final grade
Each team will need to make a presentation to the supervisor on the concept of their product and the preliminary technical, market and financial assessment.
Week 12: Final Assessment (by project supervisors) – 20% of final grade
Each team will need to submit a final report of their project and make a final presentation to the supervisor. Each member will be assessed on a number of factors as detailed in the attached grading sheet.
Week 14: Workshop Presentation (by panel of examiners – not including supervisor) – 35% of final grade
Week 5-11: Tiger Force Review -– 10% of final grade
About 5 to 6 teams will be assigned to each workshop.
A panel of 5 examiners will preside over each workshop.
Examiners will not be given reports of the teams. Handouts may be given by the teams during the workshop.
During the workshop, each team will be given exactly 30 minutes to present their findings. The team is free to decide on the utilization of the 30 minutes. It can either use the time solely for presentation in which there would be no time left for clarification by examiners.
1. Starting from the 5th week, 3 groups per week will be scheduled to present their findings to the class for review.
2. Groups are to sit together during these review sessions.
3. Attendence will be taken about half an hour after the official commencement time of the class. Each group will be asked to stand up and the number of members present will be counted and recorded. Late members will be counted as absent. For groups that do not have full attendance during the count, one member of the group must email me at email@example.com (cc all other members) the names of the missing member(s) no later than one hour after the official end time of the class. If your group failed to do so within the time limit, then all members of the group will be award half of the points they oobtained for the session instead of the full.
4. Note that the performance of the presenting groups are NOT assessed in these reviews, unless in my opinion, you do a really bad job in which case I will consider adding a special penalty to your group's final grade. Instead the rest of the class will be assessed. That is, for every session, each student will be received some points except those absent.
5. The sessions will be conducted as follows. Scheduled groups will present their findings for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, they will be asked to stop.
6. I will open the floor to "First Questions" for about 5 minutes. During this time, only groups that have not asked a question in the entire session may put up their hands to ask. After 5 minutes or if there are no more hands, I will open the floor to "Free for ALL". During this time, anyone can put up their hands to ask. Note that once I open the floor to "Free for All", no priority will be given to groups that have not asked a question. Note that if there are 3 scheduled presenting groups in a session, then there are 3 "First Questions" periods, one after each presentation.
7. I will use the grading form below. I will put a tick under one of the 1, 2, 3,or 4-point columns for your group depending on the quality of your question/comment. The criteria for each column is listed at the end of the table. If you asked more than one question, with one graded as 2-point and the other 3-point, then your group will receive the higher of the two as the points for the session. You may want to make use of the "Free for All" question periods to improve your group's score after your first question. Note that all members of the group will receive the same number of points, except those absent.
8. The maximum number of points for each qualifying student in each session is 5, with the last coming from attendance.
Week 5-11: Open Consolidated Review -– 20% of final grade
Following each presentation by the groups in the Tiger Force Review sessions, all the groups are to post a consolidated review report for each presenting group in the forum page of the module. You are to post them under the correct Topic/Heading. Please put your Group Number on the first line of your post.
Your post can examine the concept, technical, market or financial feasibilities. Please be concise. All reviews must be in within one week from the date of the respective presentations.
The group receiving the comment may respond to the comments/review as sub-comments. Please ensure you put them at the appropriate level for ease of tracking by me.
The quality of each review will be assessed by me using the following criteria. I would suggest that you distribute the workload with each member responsible for consolidating 2 to 3 reviews. All in, each group needs to do 19 reviews, minus your own group.
1: superficial, thoughtless comments
2: Some thoughts, but generally disparate.
3: Identified strength and shortcomings of the proposal in a potshot manner, without much thoughts with respect to a viable business proposal.
4: Correctly identified the focus, strength and shortcomings of the proposal within the context of a business proposal, with preliminary suggestions for improvements.
5: Deep searching evaluation, clearly identifying the focus, strength and shortcomings of the proposal from a holistic perspective. Provide constructive comments that has the potential to help the presenting group evolving their proposal into winner.
Once all the comments are in, the presenting team would have to collate and summarise all the issues surfaced. It would then put forth how it intend to address them so as to improve on its proposal. The team would then rank the postings from 1 to n (1= most useful, n= least useful) the usefulness each of the 19 postings in assisting it to be more thorough in its project.
You may download all forms from the module workbin.