NM3227
CRITICAL GAME DESIGN (2014) (2013/2014, Semester 2) 

 MODULE OUTLINE Created: 22-Nov-2013, Updated: 22-Nov-2013
 
Module Code NM3227
Module Title CRITICAL GAME DESIGN (2014)
Semester Semester 2, 2013/2014
Modular Credits 4
Faculty Arts & Social Sciences
Department Communications And New Media
Timetable Timetable/Teaching Staff
Module Facilitators
DR Anne Marie Schleiner Lecturer
DR Alex Mitchell Co-Lecturer
Weblinks
Tags --


Synopsis | Assessment | Workload


 SYNOPSIS Top
NM3227 CRITICAL GAME DESIGN

New and emerging interactive media for learning (such as games and educational technologies) are being used to inform, educate, train, persuade, influence and change. Their immediacy, accessibility and portability could complement existing teaching tools, methods and resources. This module will provide an appreciation of the increasing emergence of interactive technological media and applications for purpose, the current trends in the development and use of interactive technologies, and the social, cultural and ethical considerations in their wide adoption.



 ASSESSMENT Top
  • Project: Futurewear Game Design Concept Poster (Group 30%) + (Individual 20%)= Total (50%)
  • Serious Game Analysis (Individual 30%)
  • Online Reading Discussions (Individual 10%)
  • Participation (Individual 10%)


 WORKLOAD Top
2-2-0-6-0

Workload Components : A-B-C-D-E
A: no. of lecture hours per week
B: no. of tutorial hours per week
C: no. of lab hours per week
D: no. of hours for projects, assignments, fieldwork etc per week
E: no. of hours for preparatory work by a student per week