- Constitution of the Republic of Singapore(reprint 1 July 1999).- You many download the LAWNET version incorporating the latest amendments.
- Interpretation Act, cap. 1 (as amended).
- Internal Security Act, cap. 143 (as amended).
- Maintenance of Religious Harmony Act, cap 167A
- Supreme Court Judicature Act, 1993, cap. 322 (as amended).
These are the main statutes. Other statutes will be referenced in more specific reading lists.
B. Required Texts: Constitutional Law
- Kevin Y.L. Tan and Thio Li-ann, Constitutional Law of Singapore and Malaysia, 3rd edition (Lexis-Nexis, 2010,). This is available (multiple copies) at the NUS Co-op.
C. Highly Recommended Text
- Thio Li-ann, A Treatise on Singapore Constitutional Law (Academy Publishing, 2012)
- Li-ann Thio & Kevin YL Tan eds., The Evolution of a Revolution: 40 Years of the Singapore Constitution (Routledge-Cavendish, 2009)
- Kevin YL Tan, Constitution of Singapore: A Contextual Analysis (Hart, 2015)
D. Recommended Textbooks: Administrative Law
- M.P. Jain, Administrative Law of Malaysia and Singapore (Lexis-Nexis, 2011)
- H.W.R. Wade & C.F. Forsyth, Administrative Law, 7th ed. (Clarendon Press, 1994) (or later edn).
- P.P. Craig, Administrative Law, 4th ed. (Sweet & Maxwell, 1999, or later edn).
- Peter Cane, An Introduction to Administrative Law (Clarendon Press, 1987) (or later edn).
E. Recommended General Reading
Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Jaclyn L Neo ed., Constitutional Interpretation in Singapore: Theory and Practice (Routledge, 2017)
- Kevin Y.L. Tan, ed., The Singapore Legal System, 2nd ed. (Singapore University Press, 1999), esp. chapters 2, 3, 4.
- Kevin Y.L. Tan and Lam Peng Er eds., Managing Political Change in Singapore: The Elected Presidency (London/New York: Routledge, 1997), esp. Ch 3, 4, 5.
- Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore (Title 1: Administrative and Constitutional Law), Section 2: Constitutional Law (Singapore: Butterworths Asia, 1999)
Thio Li-ann, "The Theory and Practice of Judicial Review of Administrative Action in Singapore" in Trends and Perspectives in Developments in Singapore Law 2006-2010: Trends and Perspectives, (Academy Publishing, 2011) at 714-752
- Thio Li-ann, “Law and the Administrative State” in Kevin Y.L. Tan, ed., The Singapore Legal System, 2nd ed. (Singapore University Press, 1999), 160-229.
Singapore Academy of Law Annual Review (Administrative and Constitutional Law)
- Further compulsory reading may be issued / uploaded on IVLE Workbin
- Related articles and materials may be found in the Singapore Journal of Legal Studies (SJLS), Singapore Journal of International & Comparative Law (SJICL), for example. Further articles can also be found on a LEXIS /WESTLAW search
- For optional further /advanced / background readings, see IVLE Folder: Further and Advanced Reading