TIME AND COST MANAGEMENT
2014/2015, Semester 2
School of Design and Environment (Building)
Modular Credits: 4
Objective - This module focuses on management of the construction project from the perspective of the contractor. It covers tendering and estimating, material and equipment procurement, subcontracting, and cost and financial control of projects incorporating cash flow analysis, financial reporting, and project scheduling.
Be able to:
· Articulate importance of design to time & cost management.
· Outline the critical points in each step of a tendering process.
· Enumerate the purpose & components of time management.
· Discuss the capabilities & difficulties in use of various techniques of scheduling.
· Contrast the various practices in cost management for materials management, labour sub-contracting, equipment management & quality management.
· Summarise the various approaches to financial control of projects.
1 group project forming 40% of assessment,
Final examination forming balance 60%.
Workload Components : A-B-C-D-E
A: no. of lecture hours per week
B: no. of tutorial hours per week
C: no. of lab hours per week
D: no. of hours for projects, assignments, fieldwork etc per week
E: no. of hours for preparatory work by a student per week