The broad aim of the module is to develop students to be effective communicators in their academic studies and in their roles as environmental advocates. The following specific learning outcomes reflect emphasis in these areas so that by the end of the module, students will have learned about and developed skills to:
1. Analyze and evaluate an environmental problem by applying a framework of risk assessment;
2. Craft a clear and persuasive argument advocating a certain course of action by constructing and
developing sound arguments;
3. Use language features that characterize the objective academic style;
4. Speak persuasively in an organised presentation;
5. Produce a new media presentation that effectively conveys an environmental message.