This course focuses on the design, implementation, and evaluation of communication programmes designed to change or reinforce health behavior.
Emphasis will be on the step by step process of
1. formative research and analysis (including use of conceptual frameworks, audience research, and assessment of the media, policy and service environment),
2. theory-based and evidence-based strategic design,
3. message development, pretesting and materials production,
4. implementation and monitoring, and
5. theory-based evaluation and dissemination of findings.
The course is designed for doctors and other health-related professionals who are involved in public health communication in both government and non-government organizations, including public health programmes, hospitals, polyclinics, health centres, schools and private companies. The course would also be useful to wellness officers and nutritionists who are responsible for planning health communication programmes at the worksite.