Upon completion of this module, students will be able to:
1. Recognise the major issues families in Singapore face, including their specific challenges. (Broad issues may include: Vulnerable Families; Variation to the Family; Family Traditions, Values and Culture. Varies by semester).
2. Analyse the socio-economic, political and psychological implications of the issue in question.
3. Demonstrate a sense of empathy and understand the implications of family issues, including their impact on Singapore society (part of community engagement objectives of CAPT).
4. Examine policy debates and alternatives that aim for a stronger and more inclusive Singapore society and evaluate possible solutions to family problems.
5. Apply skills e.g. interview skills through their encounters with families and family-related issues in Singapore.