2017/2018, Semester 2
School of Design and Environment (Building)
Modular Credits: 4
This module provides an opportunity for final year SDE and FOE students to form multidisciplinary 6-10 member project teams to work on a project in a small group setting. The Teams will be guided through the entire project cycle, i.e. inception, briefing, design, tender etc with a focus of making the development green and sustainable. Teams will be expected to make regular presentations to the client during project team meetings and submit a 50-100 page Project Report.
Students will be able to:
(i) Understand the entire project cycle; and
(ii) Work together as a multi-disciplinary project team on an actual project.
(iii) Understand the green and sustainable issues that need to be considered in the whole developmental cycle
Formulation of Project Team
Development of Pre-construction schedule
Chinese New Year – No class
Development of Architecture Design
Development of Structural Design
Development of Façade and interior Design
Development of M&E Design
Green Mark Scheme Assessment
Baseline and Commissioning Plan
The final report will constitute 60% of total marks and the regular project presentations will constitute the rest of 40%. Please note that this module is the CS/CU module.
Workload Components : A-B-C-D-E
A: no. of lecture hours per week
B: no. of tutorial hours per week
C: no. of lab hours per week
D: no. of hours for projects, assignments, fieldwork etc per week
E: no. of hours for preparatory work by a student per week