TopUpon completing this module, students will be able to:
- discuss current sustainability challenges from systems perspective
- construct mental models on current sustainability challenges and map them as causal loop diagrams (CLDs)
- translate the CLDs into quantitative models in the form of Stock and Flow Diagrams (SFDs) using computational tools like Vensim
- perform what-if experiments on the SFDs to identify the key policy levers in a system
- design and implement effective policies on the SFDs to curb the current sustainability challenges
- collaborate effectively with peers from various disciplines to analyse and discuss the impacts and effects of common day-to-day living habits towards sustainability
It is the hope and wish that after completing this course, students will gain a better understanding of how their habits are directly linked to the sustainability challenge that we are facing today and make effective change in their habits to make this world more sustainable for all.