This module aims at providing students with technical skills and hands-on experience of user interface development. Due to the importance of the Internet, it focuses on the design and implementation of user interfaces on the web. It covers essential highlevel topics including `Graphical design`, `Best Front End Development Practices`, `UI architecture`, `Input`, `Output`, `Gesture recognition`, `Input filtering`, `Layout guidelins`, etc. It also covers the latest technologies for front-end web development including `Grunt`, `Node.js`,`React.js`, `Meteor`, etc. Recent trends and projects in front end development research will also be briefly discussed.
- Understand design principles of user interface.
- Critique existing UI design according to design principles.
- Apply design principles to design good user interface.
- Justify design and development decisions.
- Extend UI development knowledge to other platforms.