This module focuses on the design, implementation, and evaluation of communication programmes designed to change or reinforce health behavior. Emphasis will be on the step by step process of
- formative research and analysis (including use of conceptual frameworks, audience research, and assessment of the media, policy and service environment),
- theory-based and evidence-based strategic design,
- message development, pretesting and materials production,
- implementation and monitoring, and
- theory-based evaluation and dissemination of findings.
Upon completion of this module, students will be able to develop a work plan for a health communication project.