1. Understand the origins and development of public health and its relationship to human rights, equity, and disparities in health.
2. Understand the influences of the wider social, cultural, political and ecological factors that affect the health of communities and how this can be harnessed to improve the health of communities.
3. Awareness of ethical issues related to public health practice and research
4. Appreciate the multidisciplinary nature of public health via public health achievements
5. Understand the public health and evidenced-based approach to solving public health problems using appropriate research methods.
6. Appreciate the need for systems thinking to evaluate and solve complex public health problem.