Criteria for grade assessment
· 20% class attendance and discussion
· 20% research project presentation
· 60% regular assignment and final term paper
· The weekly readings are divided by required and recommended categories. Before attending the class, students are required to complete the required reading, which is carefully selected from the whole reading list. The recommended reading is mainly for the long-term interests as well as a source for the research project and individual term paper.
· Research project is to be presented by power point or other suitable ways of presentation. The topic and team is to be decided by 1/28 (12pm).
· The term paper is about 5000 words with illustrations of images and drawings. The followings are the three submission dates with different requirements:
1) 2/04 (10am), the first draft proposal, up to 2 pages;
2) 3/03 (10am), the second draft of the term paper, 4-6 pages;
3) 4/14 (12pm), final term paper, 5000 words.
(The submissions are to be done by both uploading soft copy though IVLA and handing in hard copy at the class.)
· Please note that research projects (powerpoint) and term papers (word file, including proposal, first draft and final term paper) have to be uploaded to IVLE by the date of presentation or deadline. The file name should include your name, topic and date, e.g. john-ecodesign-030305.