1. Demonstrate the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for a patient caseload;
5. Demonstrate an understanding of strategies to function effectively as a member of the health care team;
2. Recognise the importance of their role as a responsible, accountable, professional nurse;
3. Develop and apply strategies for time management and management of workload;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the role of a preceptor and the role of the registered nurse supporting learning in the clinical setting;
6. Develop a professional and personal portfolio;
7. Demonstrate the role of critical reflection in professional development as a nurse and apply it in practice;
8. Demonstrate competency in core clinical skills required of a registered nurse at a beginning practitioner level.
9. Discuss the role of the professional organizations in the ongoing development of nurses; and
10. Identify the role of nurses in the generation and utilisation of research to inform practice.