SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL MGT
2018/2019, Semester 1
School of Design and Environment (Building)
Modular Credits: 4
management system,workplace and safety act
This module covers the knowledge required to manage projects to comply with safety, health and environmental standards, codes and regulations. Major topics are safety management system, environmental health, pollution control and the economics and management of sustainable development in the context of projects. Policy issues at the national and corporate levels on safety, health and environmental management are also covered.
•On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
1. Articulate why WSH management is important
2. Analyse incidents using a variety of incident causation models
3. Evaluate WSH hazards using basic risk management method
4. Describe suitable risk controls for selected WSH hazards
5. Describe key processes in a WSH management system
6. Apply the concept of safety culture to improve WSH management
7. Describe key WSH legislations in Singapore
Please refer to the lesson plan for the details of the material and activities for each week.
Lecture notes and tutorials will be released at least one week beforehand.
Group Assignment (40%)
Group Presentation 10% - Last tutorial
Group Report 30% - Due in week 13