Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the conceptual difference between Bayesian and Frequentist statistics;
- Program simulation based routines for performing Bayesian inference;
- Program a Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithms in the R language and either JAGS or STAN;
- Understand the use of importance sampling and hierarchical modelling;
- Perform variable selection and model checking;
- Be proficient in analyzing large-scale molecular data in population studies;
- Apply a variety of machine learning algorithms to perform data mining, inference, and prediction.