- Introduction to Supply Chain (Chapter 1)
Understanding the supply chain and the importance of supply chain flows
Competitive and supply chain strategies, achieving strategy fit, drivers of supply chain performance, a framework for structuring drivers
- Supply Chain Performance (Chapter 2 and Chapter 3)
Inventory overview, role of safety inventory, inventory policies, determining appropriate level of safety inventory
- Planning and Managing Inventories in Supply Chain (Chapter 11 and Chapter 12)
Managerial levels to achieve coordination, CPFR, VMI
- Supply Chain Coordination (Chapter 10)
Inventory centralization, information centralization, postponement and localization, discussion of real cases
- Inventory Reduction Strategies (Chapter 12 and Chapter 13)
Role of distribution, factors influencing distribution network design, design options for a distribution network, framework for facility location, various facility location decision models.
- Network Design (Chapter 4 and Chapter 5)
- Transportation in Supply Chain (Chapter 14 and Supplementary Material)
Role of transportation, factors affecting transportation decision, modes of transportation, trade-offs in transportation design, various transportation and logistics models.