This course introduces fundamentals and computational methods in building performance modelling. Topics include:
· Theoretical foundations of modelling and representation
· Modelling and design
· Overview of thermal domain knowledge
· Integration of performance simulation in computer-aided design
· Introduction to the application of advanced computational building simulation tools
· Case studies and design assignments on the application of simulation in the evaluation and improvement of building performance.