By the end of this course, students will have improved their cultural competence. They will be able to:
1. Address culture shock in themselves and in their institutions.
2. Appreciate the uses and limitations of various definitions and dimensions of “culture,” including widely used concepts and measures.
3. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of various kinds of cultural diversity.
4. Consider how to apply lessons from what works in one cultural setting to a different cultural setting.
5. Adapt negotiation practices to different cultural settings.
6. Appreciate the importance (and difficulty) of cultural change.