Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the conceptual difference between Bayesian and Frequentist statistics;
2. Program simulation based routines for performing Bayesian inference;
3. Program a Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithms in the R language and either JAGS or STAN;
4. Understand the use of importance sampling and hierarchical modelling;
5. Perform variable selection and model checking;
6. Be proficient in analyzing large-scale molecular data in population studies;
7. Perform analyses of large dimension data in the R language, specifically in terms of multi-dimensional scaling and factor analyses.