SESSIONS 1 & 2: INDUSTRIALIZATION AND MODERNIZATION
- Modernization and Industrialization, Britannica Online, pg. 2-12.
- The millennium of the West, The Economist, December 31st 1999
- The man in the Baghdad café, The Economist, November 9th 1996, pp. 23-30
SESSIONS 3 & 4: MIRACLES and CRISES IN ASIA
SESSIONS 5 & 6: ECONOMIC RECAP
The Economist Guide to Economic Indicators:
• GDP, GNP and GNI
• Growth, trends and cycles
• Population, employment, unemployment
• Government and Consumers
SESSIONS 7 & 8: NATION STATES AND NATION BUILDING
- Modernization and Industrialization, Britannica Online, pg. 13-17.
- HBS Case: Country Analysis in a "Global Village" (p 1-17)
SESSIONS 9 & 10: DEMOGRAPHICS, SOCIETY & URBANIZATION
- Modernization and Industrialization, Britannica Online, pg. 17-20.
- Does Population Matter? The Economist, December 5th 2002, pp. 87.
- Japan: The incredible shrinking country, The Economist, Nov 11th 2004
- China - A brother for her, The Economist, Dec 16th 2004
- It's the people, stupid, The Economist, Mar 3rd 2005
SESSIONS 11 & 12: TRADE & WTO
- WTO WWW.WTO.ORG
- Survey of World Trade, The Economist, Oct. 3rd 1998.
- Schools Brief: Trade Winds, The Economist, Nov 8th 1997, pp. 101-102.
- Free trade's best friend, The Economist, Jan 20th 2005
- Delivering on Doha's promise, The Economist, Jan 6th 2005
- The Looming Revolution - The Textile Industry, The Economist, Nov. 13, 2004
- World trade: Now harvest it, The Economist, Aug 5th 2004
- East Asian Trade: Everybody's doing it, The Economist, Feb 26th 2004
- The poor's best hope, The Economist, Jun 20th 2002
SESSIONS 13 & 14: FDI
- Survey: Globalization And Its Critics, The Economist, Sept. 29th 2001.
- The insidious charms of foreign investment, The Economist, Mar 3rd 2005
- A world of work, The Economist, Nov 11th 2004
- The world’s view of multinationals, The Economist, Jan 27th 2000