This module focuses on the design, implementation, and evaluation of communication programmes designed to change or reinforce health behavior.
Emphasis will be on the step by step process of
1. formative research and analysis (including use of conceptual frameworks, audience research, and assessment of the media, policy and service environment),
2. theory-based and evidence-based strategic design,
3. message development, pretesting and materials production,
4. implementation and monitoring, and
5. theory-based evaluation and dissemination of findings.
Upon completion of this module, students will be able to develop a work plan for a health communication project.